Sunday, February 5, 2012

Here we go again

Someone once told me that you should take the week after a race off from running to give your body time to recover.  Well, between the stomach virus that overtook my family, planning a going away party, for a friend and just being plain tired I did that this past week.  It was actually nice to be able to veg on the couch with the hubs after the girls went to bed and not have to worry about lacing up and hitting the streets.  But I have to admit, I missed those miles.

I haven't been sleeping as well, I just feel overall blah.  So, tomorrow it starts again.  I still haven't made my decision on whether I will run the half on February 19, but they are tempting me by running on Groupon today.  In the meantime, I will be running 3 miles to ease back into tomorrow and if nothing else I have registered for the Houston Rodeo Run 10K at the end of this month.  That puts me 6.2 miles closer to my goal.

Would I be crazy to run another half in 2 weeks, after running one last week and then taking a week off??

No comments:

Post a Comment