Thursday, February 23, 2012

Getting back on track

For those of you who know me, and those who have been following so far this year, you know that last year was great.  I changed my eating habits, started running, and became overall healthier.  Well, as they say, I fell off the wagon.  I went back to my old ways of eating ice cream, cupcakes, cookies, and just over eating.  It didn't help that I wasn't running as much either.  Unfortunately, it started to show.  It's never good when the hubs asks if I have gained weight.

I tried to do better, I really did, but it just wasn't working.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.  A friend of mine recently started selling Advocare and had been telling me about the 24 day challenge.  She said the average person loses about 10 pounds and it basically just jumpstarts your weightloss.  I figured the only thing I had to lose was the $200 and the weight.  :)  So I started yesterday.  Here are my before photos:


I have set my goal at 15 lbs and 10 inches over all.  Here is what I ate yesterday: (I was out in the field so this isn't the best example)

Breakfast:  Fiber drink
                 water
                 Apple 30 minutes later

Snack:  Spark

Lunch:  2 rice cakes with almond butter
            Baby carrot sticks
            water

Snack:  Orange
             Spark

Dinner:  Thai shrimp over mixed baby greens and 4 omega complex tablets

I ran 2 miles on RBF's treadmill so after that I had about 7 strawberries and finished off the night with the a packet of herbal cleanse tablets.


I did not feel like I was starving by any means, and trust me, when they say CLEANSE they mean it.  I was down a pound this morning, which I'm sure was just water weight but I'm happy about it.  I also went the whole day without any coffee or diet coke, which I don't think I have done in over 2 years.  The SPARK has just enough caffeine to keep me from getting a headache without feeling all jittery.  Plus, it has a TON of amino acids and vitamins that I'm sure I need.


I am definitely already starting to feel a difference.  My stomach doesn't feel as bloated or heavy and I definitely do have more energy, and when I ran last night I felt great even though it was on a treadmill and I was going SUPER slow.  I will keep you all posted on how and if this works.  And who knows, I may even start a new business venture.  Who wants to order some ADVOCARE???  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment