Friday, January 20, 2012

The more I run, the less I want to run away

I tell myself this daily and even have it on a t-shirt (check out another mother runner) and today I am chomping at the bit to run.  Fridays are my "day off" from my mommy gig.  The big one goes to school everyday and Wednesdays and Fridays the little goes to Mother's Day Out.  For those of you who are new, I have two of the smartest and most beautiful little girls you have ever seen in your life, and yes I am partial.  But most some days, they drive me absolutely BONKERS!!!  Don't get me wrong, I love both sets of those big black eyes, but there is only so much whining you can take before you start to go a little crazy.  And today, even though it was my day off.  I still had to work the paying job, as well as my volunteer job, (both of which I love!!!), and then picked up the little one, only to find out she didn't nap today.  Welcome to meltdown city, population 1!!! 

So I run.  I run fast and I run far.  Then I have to turn around and run home.  When I get home, I am a better wife and mother.  I feel more patient after I have sweat all of the "Moooommmmmmyyyyy!" out.  The hubs isn't home yet, but once he gets here, I will lace up and take off.  I don't know how far I'll go but I'll run, and it will make me feel FABULOUS!!!  

Mileage count 39.5

No comments:

Post a Comment