Monday, March 12, 2012

Why do I blog?

Sometimes I ask myself this question.  Why?  Why do I create these blogs that just end up causing me more guilt for being yet something else that I am neglecting?  I'm not sure why I do it, but here I am.  Then the guilt starts tugging on me and I feel like I need to post something.  But what do I post?  Do I tell you how I feel like I set myself up for failure when I set a goal of running 1000 miles in a year.  It is March 12 and I've only run 114.  Seriously?  114!?!  I only ran 32 miles in February, and here we are almost halfway done with March and I've run 16 miles.  Part of me feels like I should just give up now, throw in the towel and go back to eating cupcakes and ice cream and running every once in a while.  But that does me no good.

I mean, I do run 4-5 times a week, just not as far as I should.  Or at least not as far as a person who is trying to run 1000 miles in a year should.  So here I am, once again feeling guilty.  I will confess, I'm almost done with the 24 day challenge and I fell off the wagon and had half of a chocolate malt.  The HORROR!!!  But work is crazy and life is crazy so sometimes you have to indulge.  I will continue on, and tomorrow is another day.

This weekend is The Warrior Dash, I am super stoked!!  Not only because this is something I have always wanted to do, but also because this is the first time the hubs and I are doing a race together.  He's made me promise not to leave him behind.  LOL!!  Little does he know, I'm not leaving him because he is going to have to give me a boost over that wall.

And then next week I run the 3rd half marathon of my running career.  My goal for this one is just to beat my time from last race, so as long as I come in at 2:12 or better I will be happy with myself.

So, I guess that is why I blog.  Now that I have gotten all of that out I am feeling much better.  Tomorrow I will run at least 3 miles and then 2 on Wednesday, 3 on Thursday and Warrior Dash on Saturday.  I will make my goal, and if I don't get to 1000 miles this year.  At least I will have 12 really cool t-shirts to prove I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment